Hey Guys, have you tried to buy a new Smartphone of Sony Xperia? If not yet, don’t buy… just kidding! Yeah I got one and it is my first time, basically through its appealing design I was convinced to buy one of them. But it is awful when I didn’t read the user review before buying this latest Sony Xperia J. And I had encountered lot of problems using this phone after one month usage. So I came up with this sort of adaptation, wherein I tried to expand its capacities and I looked for any applicable solutions.
So here’s the summary of some of the Tech Blogger comment/review on Sony Xperia J:
From here I would like to discuss my solutions and eliminate the feeling of guilt. When you already bought this unit and experience the problem, please try to read it. We will tackle the problem one by one and from there I would give my solutions afterwards.
- Sluggish Performance
PROBLEM: it does not quickly respond when you try to slide it or type on the keypad, it is frustrating. One thing you can do is to turn it off and then power on again, but for few minutes it will same happen again.
SOLUTION: Follow the steps to help you from slow response of your phone touch screen.
- Download the file from http://www.4shared.com/android/I_N-5QE8/Callibrate.html using your PC
- Unzip or extract the file .APK
- Copy it to your SD card then put check to the Unknown sources (go to Settings>Security> Unknown Sources then mark by check) after installing the files please unmark Unknown sources box again.
- Install this on your mobile.
- Put your mobile in a plain surface and click the button “calibrate”
Application function: This is a so-called “calibrator”, but it makes no calibration at all, it just patches the phone. For those that are not familiar with this million-users defect, this patch / fix will work for sony xperia phones with the laggy touch screen. (Excerpt from-http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/57749?start=0&tstart=0)
- Poor Camera
PROBLEM: It has only 5.0 megapixels.
SOLUTION: Maximize the photo enhancement feature of the phone; just download an application from Google Play that suits to your need. I will recommend Pics-art application for its nice editing features.
- Install Antivirus like AVG to avoid glitches and to secure when downloading applications to your phone which might also optimizes phone operation.
USB Reverse Tethering
With the use of USB Reverse tethering you can surf on your mobile (using the internet connection on your PC) through the USB tunnel.apk (Available in Google Play Store).
While USB tethering uses the smartphone’s internet connection for your desktop, reverse tethering does the complete opposite. It will give a very high internet speed compared to the 2G connection and will also save valuable data of your 2G plan. Downloading and updating apps from the Play Store is also possible. For this you just have to enable your mobile data. If you disable the mobile data reverse tethering will work but you won’t be able to use the Play Store.
Here is the tutorial for USB reverse tethering (Definitions & Procedure from http://www.themobimag.com/reverse-tethering-using-usb-tunnel/).
1. A rooted android phone.
2. USB tunnel app.
3. Desktop files needed for reverse tether.
- Download the USB tunnel apk.
- Place the apk on your sdcard and install it using any file manager.
- Download the files for your desktop.
- Now connect your Android to your desktop via USB cable. Do not turn on USB storage.
- Now extract the file downloaded in Step 3.
- Open the folder. Open android tool application. Now click on Connect.
For the requirements:
- A rooted android phone
Just download the unlock root software in http://www.unlockroot.com/download.html and install to your PC and follow the instructions carefully. For the instruction download here http://www.4shared.com/office/diPBOXfO/unlockphone_manual_sony.html.
Note: Please be responsible enough to root your phone for any technical problems that might occur.
If in case there will be problem after rooting don’t worry just back up your applications, phone book and files. Then Reset factory.
- USB Tunnel app can be downloaded in Google Store.
For the rooted phone you also need to download SuperSU.Apk in Google Play Store for advance management.
- Desktop application
Download the folder file here http://www.4shared.com/folder/axF7if-h/Android_Tool.html then click and install Android tool.